Music Monday for 9.3.2018

…or “Tunes Tuesday,” as it will most likely be Tuesday before anyone else sees this.

I spent the weekend with my Mom and stepdad, and it was good to get away for…uh…two days. I would have stayed a third day and come home today, but I felt like I left too much to do to get ready for the coming work week, so I came on back late last night. The visit was so needed, and much appreciated. My Mom and I had a movie marathon (Life of the Party, Woman Walks Ahead, Breaking In, and Book Club), my stepdad made us some great food, I completed a lot of Word Find puzzles, finished the Serial podcast, and I got to listen to lots of music on the way there and back.

Since it’s Labor Day and the unofficial end of summer, I thought a summer song would do just fine. Sure, I’ll probably post an official last hurrah closer to the Autumnal Equinox…but then again, maybe not.

So before I trade my margaritas for hot toddies and pumpkin spice, I think I’ll have one to enjoy with this song while I imagine the southern wind singing an island lullaby…

Zac Brown Band – “Jump Right In”

Music Monday for 9.3.2018

8 thoughts on “Music Monday for 9.3.2018

• September 4, 2018 at 6:58 AM

Thanks for joining the dance floor again, my friend. It’s hard to believe just how fast this summer is fleeting past our eyes. At this rate, we’ll be dawning sweatshirts and wool mittens. 🙂 Sounds like you and your mom had a great movie marathon weekend. DH & I like to do that sometimes. Have a pAwesome week and I’ll see ya around. Incidentally, when you get a chance to hit the dance floor with me don’t forget to check my Tuesday post out, too. 🙂

• September 4, 2018 at 8:30 PM

Cool; I will head over there now and check your Tuesday post!

• September 5, 2018 at 5:26 AM

I’m thrilled you decided to accept my Lyrical Challenge and shall look forward to seeing what you put together! 😉 Have a tunetastic week, my friend!

• September 8, 2018 at 11:56 AM

I am excited to participate! I haven’t had any days off work this week, so I plan to get mine started Tuesday!

• September 8, 2018 at 2:33 PM

That was a pleasant song for a day that (here) is giving us the first taste of fall – brrr! One last burst of summer this weekend, and I’ll have to remember this video.

• September 9, 2018 at 4:51 PM

Oh, wow! We had some early-fall-like days here a few weeks ago, but it got hot on us again. Now it’s cooled off a bit again thanks to rainy weather. Just a little less than two weeks to go till official fall! Glad you liked the song!