Music Monday – Earth Day Edition

Today (yesterday was, by the time Music Monday actually rolls around) is Earth Day, and as part of the celebrations, this week’s “Monday’s Music Moves Me” theme over at Dolly’s is songs about our planet. And I have pretty much compiled a small playlist for you today, as opposed to the one song I usually post for Music Monday. So pick one you haven’t already heard, or pick a favorite, or listen to them all – I don’t care, they all have a pretty strong and important message to share!

Ozzy Osbourne – “Revelation (Mother Earth)” – the title of this one says it all.

Neil Young – “Be The Rain” – another song directly about saving the planet “for another day”.

Pearl Jam – “Do The Evolution” – this one’s from my generation, and a direct observation and reflection of how the world is being destroyed, rather than an anthem about saving the planet.

My Chemical Romance – “S/C/A/R/E/C/R/O/W” – I can’t claim to say what this song is actually about, because I haven’t researched it and its lyrics have given me two ideas. The first literally takes me to a horror movie. But in the other direction, the lyrics conjure up images of a war-and-excess-ravaged, post-apocalyptic and seriously compromised planet. And the album from which this song was taken, Danger Days: The True Lives of the Fabulous Killjoys, is set in post-apocalyptic California. But even without that tidbit of background on the album, that would still be one of my two takes on the lyrics. Give it a listen and see what you think!

I can’t wait to come visit all the MMMM participants and see which songs remind them of our planet – and you should go check them out, too!

Also, Saturday the 21st was Record Store Day, and in honor of that – what was the first record you remember purchasing for yourself? To see mine, go here.

Music Monday – Earth Day Edition

13 thoughts on “Music Monday – Earth Day Edition

• April 23, 2018 at 4:57 AM

When God gave us dominion over this big blue planet, He meant for us to be responsible for caring for our world just like we would ourselves. However, it saddens me that some folks worship the creation instead of the Creator. Thank you for the introducing all of these songs today and for hitting the dance floor with the 4M gang. Have a songtastic week! 😉

• April 24, 2018 at 6:50 PM

Agreed! I’m not so much religious as spiritual, but I think no matter what we believe, we should all strive to leave the planet a little better than how it was when we arrived, and do all we can to make the world we live in a better place.

• April 23, 2018 at 8:28 AM

That Chief Seattle quote is spot on!! Love your song choices, Kim! Always a pleasure to dance with you! 😉 Have a great week!

• April 23, 2018 at 9:49 AM

The quote and the songs are so perfect. Loved all of them. Thanks for sharing. Very beautiful.

• April 23, 2018 at 10:36 PM

Well, that’s some video Pearl Jam put out huh!!!?!! COOL! The last tune too… wow~!!! Most are an introduction to me also as Cathy too,, but I totally agree with all here. You are so with it and I do so admire you. I guess I’m just the gal from yesterday huh? You’re in the present that’s for sure… and a very beautiful young lady I might add, but I will say I heard Ozzy’s tune before and not sure I think maybe Pearl Jam too!!! So thanks for the dance girlfriend!!! have a great day and week for that matter… Mother Nature as finally come around… we had a beautiful last couple of days!

• April 24, 2018 at 7:17 PM

I love that video! Thank you so much for your sweet words – with it is the last thing I feel most days, but I do my best to “fake it till I make it”, LOL! It works sometimes! And thank you for your sweet compliment, too. I don’t feel all that beautiful most days, but it always makes me happy if others can see that – I am working so hard on my physical appearance as well as my attitude! Both were due for a tune-up!

• April 24, 2018 at 7:45 PM

Great quote and pawsome songs! I thought about Neil Young’s Into the Garden but you picked a good one.

• May 3, 2018 at 11:41 AM

I’m always fascinated by the music I’ve not heard before.
    Thanks for sharing!
    I do believe we should do our best to take care of this earth that God has created for us, not in an extreme way to hinder human interaction, but to give care.