Music Monday for 02.25.2019

What a weekend! Beginning Thursday, we’ve nearly been washed away by the rains here in North Alabama (as well as lots of other areas in the south), storms, and even lost power for a bit on Thursday night. I felt it was a bit early for this type of weather to start, but according to my Facebook memories, it’s actually not. The Bradford Pears have bloomed, and thank goodness all the rain and wind blew the hornet’s nest from last summer down out of the tree. I had been waiting till February, which is typically our coldest month here, or so I thought, to try to cut/knock it down. Now I just need to remove it so that the hornets don’t re-populate it. I don’t know if they would re-populate a damaged nest that is now on the ground, but I’m not taking any chances!

The 4M (which can be seen at Dolly’s or Cathy’s) theme for this week is “freebie”. So in honor of my only planned concert so far this year, here is Chris Stapleton with “Scarecrow In The Garden”.

Chris Stapleton – “Scarecrow In The Garden”

Now I’m back to getting caught up on some much-needed housework. My house smells amazing thanks to my homemade natural cleaners, and I can’t wait to share some recipes here! If that’s something that interests you, just be sure to check back. I don’t have a newsletter to subscribe to and have no idea how to set one up, so I don’t have a way to get word out other than reminding you to check back…though I do need to share the post links to my Facebook and Twitter accounts if I can think about it. So be sure to like me on FB or follow me on Twitter if you’re not already! Who knows, maybe I’ll remember to link to the posts when I make them!

Music Monday for 02.25.2019

10 thoughts on “Music Monday for 02.25.2019

• February 25, 2019 at 12:45 AM

This weather is something else! They’ve just closed most of the main roads around me again tonight (Sunday) due to high winds and drifting snow.

Now, about that hornet’s nest – knock it down when it’s dark out. That’s when they supposedly sleep and are less active. There’s a spray (I forget what it’s called) that you can spray the heck out of the nest before knocking it down. This will either kill the hornets or at least stun them so you are less likely to get stung. When I lived in Colorado, those buggers were always building a nest outside my window.

Great song choice. I’ve been listening to more and more of Chris Stapleton lately as well.
    Mary Burris recently posted…#4M : Funky Dance PartyMy Profile

• February 25, 2019 at 5:25 AM

We got hit with all that mess Friday night which stayed with us through Saturday. We got a lot of flash flooding in the low lining area, many roads were closed throughout town. The mews followed the weather and accident related incidents on Saturday. It’s crazy to watch people drive through flood waters not knowing if the road is actually there. There was a lot of rescuing going on all over town and people on the interstates did damage to their tires/wheels hitting potholes. I’m sure they couldn’t see them covered over but even if they could, they wouldn’t have tried to miss them. Needless to say with all the flooding we stayed home all weekend. We’re still under a flood warning until 1:30 today. I really enjoyed Christ Stapleton’s song this morning. 🙂 Have a boogietastic week, my friend!

• February 25, 2019 at 9:12 AM

Chris Stapleton is going where I wish all of Country Music would go. Too much country music is trying to be cross-over pop and they all sound alike. It make Stapleton even more unique and necessary. He give us a glimpse of Eagles, Alabama, Travis Tritt, and the country rock sounds of bygone days. Bring ’em back Chris…bring all back to their roots.
    Thanks for sharing this great sound.

• February 25, 2019 at 4:50 PM

Weather seems to be extreme, pretty much everywhere. Good thing that hornets’ nest is out of the tree. Don’t blame you for wanting to get rid of it. Who wants those nasty critters buzzing around? Your natural cleaners sound good – hope to learn more about those in future! That’s a beautiful song! ♥ Concerts are my favourite form of recreation. Too bad they’ve become so ridiculously expensive. Enjoy! I’m sharing some Winter Songs for today. Cheers!
    Debbie D. recently posted…SONGS ABOUT WINTER #MusicMonday #MondaysMusicMovesMeMy Profile

• February 25, 2019 at 10:12 PM

Well, I must say that was really different. I must say I know nothing about Alabama weather being as I’m about 45 minutes from Chicago & the worst weather we had this year is 25 below wind chill factor not to mention almost knee deep in snow. ughhhhhhh Now hornets I do know about. We had a nest in our garage & we sprayed like there was no tomorrow & they left, but come winter hubby evicted their home & put it in the garbage can & squished it. eeeeeuuuuuu & double yuk!!! I HATE BUGS… omg…. I so hate them oh my gosh, I just got a chill. Did I tell you that I totally HATE BUGS!!!! They make my skin crawl & I’m allergic to bees on top of it. Anyway going on & on… thanks for joining us… loved introduction to your music. Have a great day & thanks for joining us. Have a great week. Oh by the way… did I tell you that I hated BUGS?? hehehe Have a great week!
    Marie Moody recently posted…Monday’s Music Moves Me!My Profile

• March 1, 2019 at 4:57 PM

All I had to read was “the Bradford Pears have bloomed” and I was sighing…ours probably won’t bloom until the beginning of May. This is the time of year when we can’t hardly scare up an outdoor flower in Upstate New York – we have to content ourselves with snow. I don’t know if the nest would be reoccupied so you are right in getting it disposed of. And then thinking of the song with the West Virginia farmer….hoping you ended up with a great week!

• March 2, 2019 at 7:02 AM

We had weird weather here too! I’m in Canada and we had ice and rain and then snow and almost spring weather. So not much of the wild rains you’ve had! But it’s definitely weird for us.
    I’d love to know about the natural cleaners. My son has an autoimmune disorder which makes him respond to allergens in an exaggerated way. Some days he’s totally fine. Other days he’s not. I am always willing to try something new!
    Have a wonderful weekend!

• March 2, 2019 at 9:54 AM

Thanks for sharing “Scarecrow In The Garden”, I love it! I am all for country! I have yet to clean my apartment. We are going to have a 10-day holiday in May due to the changing of the Emperors here in Japan. That will be my cleaning time (and my sister is coming to stay for 2 months to study here too).

• March 3, 2019 at 12:30 PM

Mother Nature’s Menopause is in full force! Weather’s been crazy all over, that’s for sure! Here’s hoping you have a chance to dry out. And yeah, I’d totally remove that nest – better safe than sorry, right? 🙂 I’m waiting until the threat of snow passes before I do a deep clean here – can’t wait, the dogs mess up the floors big time when there’s snow. 🙂

I hadn’t heard that Chris Stapleton tune yet! Thank you so much for sharing! I love it! Thanks for the dance! 🙂