Writer’s Workshop for 02.06.19

I dropped the ball just a bit this week because I picked up two doubles at work and also because I became obsessed with the Freeform TV series Siren and binged all of the ten-episode first season as well as the four episodes of the second season within a week’s time. What can I say? I love mythical creatures.

That, of course, cut into my blogging time. But at long last, I am here to participate in this past Thursday’s Writer’s Workshop today…Sunday, the 10th. The prompt I chose was “Write about your most recent purchase.”

Mama’s Losin’ It

My most recent purchase would be my $25 Goodwill haul, in which I picked up this adorable, speckled stoneware, vintage flower and turtle cup, which may be my new favorite bulletproof coffee cup:

Also purchased? This fantastic, genuine leather crossbody bag along with some groovy cateye sunglasses:

And I also grabbed a lot of $0.99 t-shirts for my sons and myself. Here are mine (with KonMari-approved fold):

Clockwise from top left: Seether tour shirt, Shark Week shirt, “Mama Tried” shirt, and Rocket Republic (a local brewery) shirt. Not pictured: another three Rocket Republic shirts, a Lucky Charms shirt, a graphic tee with “WINNING” on it, a Fender Guitars shirt, a Nautica shirt, and my Luke’s Diner!! shirt. These were all in great shape, and since we live in t-shirts most of the time, probably the best $12 I’ve spent in a while.

Total purchase amount: $24 and some change, rounded up to $25.

• T-shirts: $12.
  • Purse: $5.
  • Sunglasses: $2.
  • Cups (I also purchased a “Santa Face” cup, not pictured because it’s put away already): $3.
  • Also not pictured: wallet card holder: $1.
  • + tax. Not too shabby!

Tell me about your most recent purchase! And be sure to head to Mama Kat’s to check out the workshop posts from the other participants!

Writer’s Workshop for 02.06.19

6 thoughts on “Writer’s Workshop for 02.06.19

• February 11, 2019 at 5:43 AM

Nice haul for $25! You can’t even buy a nice stoneware mug for twenty-five bucks! Good job!

• February 11, 2019 at 5:14 PM

Thanks! I love a good thrift score. I’ve looked at handmade stuff in shops before (like the cups), and am always so surprised at how much it costs. Of course, this wasn’t hand made, but it was definitely cheaper than buying at full retail . Our local craft beer superstore sometimes hosts growler painting nights, and I am so excited to try one if I ever find out about it in time to plan for it!

• February 11, 2019 at 5:15 PM

I did, didn’t I? I usually do pretty well on my thrift runs….so now I just have to unload a lot of it into Etsy, and I’ll be donating some stuff I’ve had and used for years, but am ready to have the space back.

• February 12, 2019 at 12:03 PM

Every now and then I stop at a local Goodwill store which borders on an upscale senior living complex and the occasional “finds” are incredible from the donations dropped-off from residents and families. It’s a great rainy-day trip or a more dedicated trip when I’m looking for items specific to some of my event planning.

Recently I spied a brand-spanking-new piece of Guardian Service cookware…a heart-shaped casserole with a glass lid…just $5.00. Of course, I couldn’t resist. And, not very recently, I found a small, signed, Maleras Folke Walwing Swedish Lead Crystal Koala Bear, for $8.00, which matches a much larger piece I received as an engagement gift, many years ago. Usually, collectible items like this are priced much higher at these thrift shops but every once in a while they just end up being quickly marked and put out for sale, with no research as to their value.

Just love your stoneware mug and yes…those glasses are totally groovy!!
    Patty recently posted…Textlecture…My Profile

• February 14, 2019 at 12:56 AM

Wow! You know how to find a bargain!