The past seven days have been a real piece of work. One son injured himself on Monday (he’s much better, thank you!). Another son contracted an upper respiratory viral infection mid-week, prompting a Saturday visit to Urgent Care for him (he’s on the mend, thank you!). I was sick to my stomach off and on from about 11pm Sunday to 5:30-ish Monday morning (I am much better now, thank you!). Today was Mid-Term Election day, and I really, truly hope you were all able to get out and make yourself seen/heard by casting your vote!
It’s only Tuesday. A.K.A. This Is Us night. I will be watching that tomorrow night, since I’m a cord-cutter who lives out in the country, and my antenna just isn’t playing nice with NBC. But this is the night I will watch last night’s Manifest, which is probably my favorite new show this fall. Still….
Can’t it just be Friday already?
Since I lack the brainpower to make a real post, I’m giving you a bullet list of five things I’m happy about this week.
- Cleaning. Before I got sick on Sunday, I spent a great deal of time just getting caught up on my housework. I defrosted our refrigerator and did several loads of laundry. I know laundry is technically housework, but, it’s different. Just trust me on this. Speaking of laundry…
- Homemade Laundry Soap. I just love making homemade cleaners, don’t you? One of my favorite things to make is homemade laundry soap, because I love how you can easily customize the recipes to fit your needs and your budget, no matter how small. And the best thing about it? You can make your own all-natural laundry soap for a fraction of what brands like Method, Mrs. Meyer’s, etc. can cost! I do have a recipe coming later this week, for those interested!
- Getting our health back. Like I mentioned above, this past week has just been horrendous. I know it could always be lots worse, but sometimes life just thinks you need a shake-up, I guess, and your entire family has different maladies!
- Food Network Star inspiring me to cook. For those of you who don’t know, I’m a terrible cook, and furthermore, I don’t like cooking. But being on a tight budget demands it, so here I am. Tonight I’m making pork chops, mashed potatoes, corn bread, macaroni and cheese, and green beans. Tomorrow is a double shift, so it’ll be leftovers on Wednesday. But Thursday, I am just going through my pantry and freezer, and finding things to make work.
- Hot baths. This has definitely been a week where decompression was necessary and one of my favorite ways to decompress is in a hot bath, with a glass of wine (or other adult beverage), and a good read.
And that, folks, has been my (past) week. Now I’m playing catch-up and plunging head-first into the rest of this week.
What are YOU up to this week?