“A” for effort?
I totally didn’t want to wake up today. I’m not sure why. I’m not depressed or anxious, and I got a good night’s sleep. But I *AM* extremely tired. And it dawned on me this morning as I was updating iOS on my phone and frantically trying to figure out how to stop Spotify from automatically launching at startup on my laptop that I have got to come up with a better game plan.
I think a mishmash of posts is okay for this month since it’s NaBloPoMo and all, but I really do need to start thinking of the future and figure out a way to keep readers once all the reciprocal visiting is finished. I have projects planned, but projects take time and a little bit of money. Reviews take time. And time is something I either waste or spend doing other things once anxiety hits, and it often does.
Today I am falling back on an old standby: declaring intentions for the blog.
Over in the sidebar, I’ve stated that I’d like for this to eventually become a combination of personal journal/lifestyle blog, but with my twist. That means including my favorite things, music and old stuff. To that end, here are some things to get there (some I’m doing; some I’m not):
- Songs every day. I currently do this, but only recently started. I wanted to find a way to tie the day’s song into the post subject, but that can’t always be done. Besides, I think that would make the posts too contrived and “theme”-y.
- Feature a different vintage dinnerware/glassware/barware/flatware item of mine at least weekly.
- Find fun vintage workouts to try while trying to get in shape, then blog about progress or lack thereof?
- Get going on those DIY and MIY posts. I actually do have a few; it’s just taking me some time to get the photos the way I want them.
- Re-invent recipes and try reinvented recipes to better assist me with getting healthier.
- Reviews. Music (albums; concerts). Books. Appliances. Products. Etc.
- Money gods willing, start doing some necessary home improvements so that I can finally blog about my house and show it off. Er…show it’s transformation off.
It’s a lot, but that’s been my plan for years now. Yes, years.
Here’s to hoping I can make an honest go of it.
Song for Tuesday: Goo Goo Dolls – “Long Way Down”